The Texas Driver’s Handbook is available online or at any driver license office to help individuals qualify for a Texas driver license.
Individuals applying for their first Texas driver license must:
○ Gather documents that verify their identity, Social Security Number, U.S. citizenship or lawful presence status, and Texas residency.
○ Complete the application. (This form is also available at any driver license office.)
○ Present either: Proof of Texas vehicle registration (only if a new Texas resident) and evidence of financial responsibility for each vehicle owned by the applicant or
○ A statement affirming that the applicant does not own a motor vehicle.
○ Should have an automobile insurance policy or an automobile insurance statement.
APPLICATION FOR TEXAS DRIVER LICENSE OR IDENTIFICATION CARD
A statement affirming that the applicant does not own a motor vehicle that you can see it in DL-14A form which reads as (Get the application over here)
How do I get the statement affirming that I don't own a motor Vehicle?
There is a question on the application DL-14A form asking if you own a car, that is all you need for that, check either YES - If you own a motor vehicle & NO - if you do not own a motor vehicle
If YES, you have to show proof of insurance.
You will need to provide a car for the DPS road test.
Refer 13 & 14 Questions in application DL-14A
13. "Do you own a motor vehicle which is required to be registered (Texas Transportation Code Section 502.040)?"
14. "Do you own a motor vehicle which is required to have liability insurance OR other proof of financial responsibility in compliance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act (Texas Transportation Code Section 601.051)?"
What is a statement affirming that the applicant does not own a motor vehicle.
How do you get a statement affirming that the applicant does not own a motor vehicle?, you can see the statement in DL-14A form when you apply for a Texas Driver License at PPS office.
Statement of non ownership of vehicle Texas
You cannot provide a copy of the valid registration/proof of insurance is because you do not own the vehicle, hence the reason you have to produce "NON OWNERSHIP OF MOTOR VEHICLE AFFIDAVIT" in Texas.